Support When You Need It Most
HNS provides life-stabilizing emergency and basic need services. All services are considered on a case by case basis and eligibility is determined by HNS guidelines and based on availability of funds and resources.
For questions, call 970.667.4939 (Loveland) or 970.532.0161 (Berthoud).
- Food baskets: a week’s supply of groceries based on family size
- Utility assistance
- Prescription assistance
- Gas vouchers and bus tokens for medical or job-related appointments (must be able to confirm)
- Clothing & Household needs: clean, gently used and seasonal clothing and shoes, bedding and small household items
HNS provides services to support the whole person in their time of need including:
- Holiday programs
- Educational programs on finances, parenting skills, cooking skills
- Shelter programs
- Advocacy and navigation assistance
- Special programs for children: Back-to-school event, birthday closet, Christmas store
We also screen for all City of Loveland programs for low-income families and seniors:
Chilson Recreation Center
- Discount passes and youth scholarships
- COLT Bus and Paratransit applications
- Screenings for Food and Utility Tax Rebate Program
- COL Utility HANDS Program
Berthoud HNS provides youth scholarships for the Berthoud Recreation Center.
*Each head of household is required to complete a Financial Literacy course offered by community, online and at HNS Life Center to receive extended services from our programs.